Re: [linux-audio-dev] synthesis on gp2x .. (was Fwd: RE: [gpx-dev] hardware interfaces)

From: Michael T D Nelson <m_nels@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 17:11:56 EET

Jay Vaughan wrote:

> just to let you guys know .. following up on the GP2X synthesis thread
> from earlier, the author of littleGPtracker for the GP32 (ARM-based
> handheld predecessor to the GP2X) has this to say about synthesis on ARM ..

That sounds fairly promising.

On another note, have you heard about the current situation regarding
the availability of source code for the port of the Linux kernel to the
GP2X?

It seems that the manufacturer have only made a significantly
out-of-date release of the source available, almost certainly violating
the GPL.

Still, I'm hopeful that it will be sorted out. I spoke to the UK
distributor today, and it sounds as though the guy in charge here is
going to do his best to hassle people.

I told him I was keen to buy one - but would hold back until the GPL was
being complied with.

Regards
Michael