Re: [linux-audio-dev] Programming Synth Knobs?

From: Christian Schoenebeck <cuse@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Feb 12 2006 - 15:21:59 EET

Am Sonntag, 12. Februar 2006 04:24 schrieb peter:
> For example, this shot shows a work in progress interface for a DSSI
> synth plugin. I rendered the knobs in blender with an alpha channel to
> get translucent shadows. The widget uses generic gtk functions to
> render each frame over the background as the knob is turned.
> It looks pretty nice in action, even if it's an eye candy overdose
> for some tastes.
> (if you dispense with the alpha and transparency, it's naturally faster)
> http://www.zenadsl6252.zen.co.uk/purgatory.png

Ok, so the knobs where rendered with Blender. Whatabout the rest?

It's been a while since the last time I used Blender. I was a bit disappointed
that I had to find workarounds for so many things which were not (directly)
supported, like rendering glass material for example.
Since then I "emulated" 3D pix with a vector graphic drawing tool like
Inkscape. Which sometimes brings you faster to get what you want and
sometimes not. But hey, doesn't Qt4 finally support .svg rendering? Aliasing
free scaling of skins / themes, isn't that cool?

CU
Christian