Re: [linux-audio-dev] a bit off topic: GUI-lib-programming (how does it usually work?)

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 17:40:43 EET

Hi again!
  Perhaps, while I still have some attention: I've got one really problematic
object: curves.
 Imagine JaMin or wave-analysers: They draw waves on the screen. But I think:
mostly it's only peaks or looping-points, that are of interest. How are those
curves/waves painted in graphics? Could you perhaps feed all numbers into this
lib and have it calculate for you, if required. I think like.
  Engine works/outputs numbers/lib gets them/user requests: calculate peaks
and can get a list of them. Is this too far off track?
  I appreciate any good thoughts. Yet please remember: I'm no programming
crack and not too good at mathematics? So be gentle on me. Explain easy. :-)
  Kindest regards
      Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net - the Linux TextBased Studio guide