Re: [linux-audio-dev] a bit off topic: GUI-lib-programming (how does it usually work?)

From: cdr <ix@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 06 2006 - 20:15:11 EET

> > I'm still thinking about linking objects
> A while ago I was thinking about a nice way to display this type of
> information without graphics.

ASCII graphics are still graphics, in they would be hard to read line by line in a single or double-row LED display for example. which is what many digital musical instruments were limited to for about 2 decades.

if you make the jump to using ASCII as graphics theres definitely been some work done on dealing with n-dimensional node graphs

http://xanadu.com/zigzag/

of course SCLang proves you dont need graphics to have a concise and readable graph description, along with some algorithmic sugar..