Re: [linux-audio-dev] Writing PCM to left and right channel sperately?

From: Tobias Scharnberg <elisa.zwei@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 09 2006 - 18:01:59 EET

Hello Paul

2006/3/9, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>:

> > As far as I learned the audio data is coded in one stream,
> > one sample left, one sample right. Is there a way to separately fill
> > the soundcard buffers with ALSA?
>
> many.

What do you mean - there are many ways when using ALSA or are there
also ways when using OSS. I know - this is RTFM worthy - but I have no
time for that, so a pointer would be very helpful!

> esound is not a library for mixing.

OK, its a sound server.

> what type of application are you writing?

The application has to play back automated announcements on a
amplifier/speaker system but it has to be able to play 2 different
announcements at the same time - one on the left and one on the right
channel.

Tobias