Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA processing: ams, om, ... Anything else?

From: Denis Alessandro Altoe Falqueto <denisfalqueto@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 18 2006 - 16:05:21 EET

On 3/17/06, Andrew Gaydenko <a@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Dave,
>
> I needed to have quick result in my aufio DIY-ering test, and I have got
> it with (among other apps) 'om' - in spite of segfaults :-) Next time I'll
> arrange a console side by side with om_gtk window to hook segfault
> reason. Now I can add, 'lashd' was running, DSSI scope was used besides
> trivial LADSPA plugins like 'sine's, 'Constant', 'amplifier' and so on.
>
> And ... thanks for the app! Be sure, all is right with your magic power
> supplier :-)
>

> Andrew
>
> ======= On Saturday 18 March 2006 03:21, Dave Robillard wrote: =======
> On Thu, 2006-16-03 at 21:26 +0300, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> > Are there alternatives for 'ams' and 'om'? My problems are:
> [snip]
> > - 'om' engine has too many crashes (I see, it is normal, as the app is under
> > development).
>
> No, actually engine segfaults are not even remotely close to "normal".
>
> I don't recall any bug reports from you - my magic crystal ball (from
> which I derive my psychic powers) must be malfunctioning.
>
> What exactly do you expect, if you don't even report bugs?
>
> -DR-

Hi, Andrew.

I was experiencing this segmentation faults every time too... until I
found that my /etc/hosts file was not correctly set. When I put my
real hostname in there, it worked. This is because the OSC server
needs the /etc/hosts file right for sending and receiving data in the
local computer. Don't know if I explained myself right, but it worked
for me... I am using Arch Linux and its policy is not to have tools to
configure the system, so I had to do it by myself.

HTH.

Denis A. Altoe Falqueto