Re: [linux-audio-dev] linear resampling is crap ? (was: fast linear resampling on ARM - suggestions?)

From: Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la@email-addr-hidden-nerd.com>
Date: Thu Mar 30 2006 - 12:48:02 EEST

Stefan Westerfeld wrote:

> Measuring the same example with libsamplerate with SRC_SINC_FASTEST
> gives a throughput of 1233140 samples/second, which means that my code
> is about 41 times faster.

Are you comparing apples to apples here?

What is the bandwidth of your resampler?

>From the comments in the code it seems that your resampler is not an
abritrary resampler like mine but an 2 times upsampler. Its not really
a fair comparison to compare a general time varying resampler like
mine to a 2 times upsampler.

Erik

  Erik de Castro Lopo
Pastafarianism : http://www.venganza.org/
The intelligent alternative to 'Intelligent Design'.