Re: [linux-audio-dev] RDF for CAPS plugins

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Apr 21 2006 - 14:28:18 EEST

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 11:26:27 -0400, Taybin Rutkin wrote:
> On Apr 20, 2006, at 9:05 PM, Paul Winkler wrote:
>
> >OTOH, it's pretty obvious why this is the case. Imagine if it *did*
> >have
> >to resolve to something. What would that mean? it only works when the
> >server's up? (and DNS, and the end user's internet connection, and and
> >and...) That would suck so bad.
>
> I wonder why people include the protocol though? Using a java style
> reverse DNS would have worked just fine:
>
> org.ladspa.ontology would have made sense too.

Heh, that's a whole long argument. In brief: I should have put a copy of
the ontology there (I meant to, just never got round to it), and that
means that if/when a human finds a ladspa rdf file in the wild, they can
type it in the namespace and find a copy of the ontology (with human
readable notes in it) that explains what it is.

If you use a tag: URI, or something else unresolvable then you dont have
the option to look it up, ever. But, if you use HTTP then you can put
something there, should you want to.

- Steve