Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA 2

From: Steve Harris <S.W.Harris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 22 2006 - 19:55:56 EEST

On Sat, Apr 22, 2006 at 11:46:28AM -0500, Jack O'Quin wrote:
> > Nice. The header and the plugin code really looks a lot cleaner without
> > all the metadata embedded in it.
>
> Agreed. I really like getting all that XML out of the C sources. Much
> cleaner and more accessible.

The XML+C thing was a Steve-brand hack, not part of the spec, I dont think
anyone else was doing it. The metadata was generally static C char *'s,
but that was very limiting, and led to a lot of tedious cut-and-paste
code, compatibility dead-ends and i18n excitement.

> A minor suggestion: how about moving that SYMBOL_EXPORT definition
> into ladspa-2.h, presumably with a LADSPA_ prefix?
>
> #ifdef WIN32
> #define SYMBOL_EXPORT __declspec(dllexport)
> #else
> #define SYMBOL_EXPORT
> #endif

Not a bad idea, I could go for that.