Re: [linux-audio-dev] audiogui

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 28 2007 - 00:19:19 EET

Dominique Michel wrote:
> Le Mon, 26 Feb 2007 13:41:08 +0100,
> Leonard Ritter <contact@email-addr-hidden-ritter.com> a écrit :
>
>> On Thu, 2007-02-22 at 06:42 -0600, Jan Depner wrote:
>>> I can say that the QT package is much easier to use and has
>>> better documentation and support. Not that GTK is terrible, it's just
>>> not as polished or professional.
>
> Just a remark about Qt GUI. It is like another OS: well looking but foolish. I
> use QJackCtl on FVWM-Crystal, and when changing the recipe (theme in
> FVWM-Crystal) the systray icon become weird or just disappear because Qt/KDE
> implementation of the systray is compatible with nothing else. If QJackCtl
> was minimized with the systray, the consequence is at I must "killall qjackctl"
> and restart it in order to get in control again. It is not what I call
> "professional".

Remarks due: First of all, QjackCtl just has no relation to KDE
whatsover, besides sharing the same toolkit framework (Qt3). More
importantly to your case, QjackCtl systray icon implementation is _my_
own, and is _only_ supposed to work on KDE, Gnome and on all other
freedesktop.org X11/systray icon protocol compliant desktop
environments. All other DE/WM's are thus _not_ supported and users
should avoid opting on using QjackCtl systray icon mode, due to
unpredictable behavior.

If you find QjackCtl systray behavior "unprofessional" its just because
you're forcing it to run where it was never tested nor designed to work.
Just switch the systray icon option off and you'll be fine, I hope.

Cheers,

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela
rncbc@email-addr-hidden