Re: [LAD] [ANN] LV2 beta3

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 23:01:53 EEST

Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2007 schrieb Fons Adriaensen:
> I don't have any problems with the way LV2 provides for future
> extensions - it's well done. But requiring such a mechanism to
> obtain basic low-level information is as silly as offering the
> gas tank on a car as an option (I assume you would include the
> wheels as standard).

Haha, nice analogy! Surely you realize that most cars are sold with only the
basic standard-wheels? Sad but it seems that this also the case for lv2. If
you want to have sport-wheels or a bigger gas tank or a speedometer it seems
you have to rely on extensions to the basic version...

BTW: I wouldn't think bad about the extension-thing. If only it was optional
and most plugins would run with the basic features and only allow for more
with extensions available. But if I need to have hosts supporting certain
features to use the nice plugins this would have me stick with ladspa...

Another thing: I don't think Linux should ever try to get into the field where
certain interchangeable parts like plugins only work in some rare conditions.
That is what windows already provides, I wanted to get rid of that and
switched to linux...

Arnold

--
visit http://www.arnoldarts.de/