[LAD] new lossless/lossy audio compressor

From: Gregory Alan Hildstrom <hildstromoo@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jul 25 2007 - 22:47:16 EEST

Hello. I just finished writing and documenting a new lossless and lossy audio codec called
j2kaudio. It uses the wavelet compression in JPEG 2000 to transcode audio wav data to and from j2a
files. I have not written any sort of media player plugin yet; more testing and file format
refinement are necessary first.

I tested with 44100Hz, 16-bit, stereo CD-quality wav files, but it also supports other sample
rates, precisions, and channel numbers.

I tested against flac, lpac, shorten, and monkey's audio for lossless encoding. j2kaudio beat the
nearest competition by over 10%.

If anyone is motivated to test some additional songs, provide me with additional test data, or
suggest another untested codec, please let me know.

http://geocities.com/hildstrom/projects/j2kaudio/index.html

Let me know what you think. Thanks. -Greg

Gregory Alan Hildstrom
Secure Systems Engineer - Trusted Computer Solutions
trustedcs.com
ghildstrom@email-addr-hidden
Software Engineer - Hildstrom Engineering
geocities.com/hildstrom
hildstrom@email-addr-hidden
Mobile:(210)413-6082
Fax:(210)599-0469