[LAD] Re: [LAU] ReplyTo munging (Was: What hardware is actually used by freebob/ffado users?)

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Wed Aug 01 2007 - 00:52:28 EEST

On Tuesday 31 July 2007 21:30, Paul Winkler wrote:
> I used to like reply-to munging. But I've come to think that the risk
> of accidentally posting private stuff in public greatly outweighs the
> convenience

That's exactly how I feel. I've seen too many people post embarrassing
private things to public lists by accident.

It can be interesting -- I learned of someone's divorce that way; I
learned that the married CTO of a technology company was playing
around; I read half of a furious argument mistakenly posted to one of
the Linux audio lists, about people I knew from outside these lists.

Chris