Re: [LAD] [Jack-Devel] JACK & MIDI

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Fri Jan 18 2008 - 17:33:00 EET

Hi again!
  Well Phil you said, that the new protocol wouldn't be understood by
anything. So why not first take it easy and take a look at what already
exists. OSC was mentioned here a couple of times? Might that be an idea?
  And about the two APIs: why not? If you think about it thorroughly I'm sure
one can come up with a protocol, of which MIDI is a subset. Thus some
interaction between to apps (one using MIDI, one using the new thing) could be
possible.
  At the moment we have audio and MIDI ports, add a third kind of ports. And
thus if you use plain old MIDI there's no more overhead, than there should be.
  Kindest regards
       Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net