Re: [LAD] LV2 adoption

From: Marc-Olivier Barre <mobarre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 23 2008 - 23:12:09 EET

On Jan 23, 2008 11:20 AM, Steve Harris <steve@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hah, you're right, though there are some people who have a knack for,
> and get a kick out of writing conformance tools.
>
> Like Nick Lamb, who wrote Demolition for LADSPA: http://devel.tlrmx.org/audio/demolition/

I had intended to make a fork of that a few months adding also some
jackmidi testing/torture features. jacknuke is the name.
I still plan on implementing more stuff to make it some sort of more
robust/featured test application. At the time I felt that Jack
demolition was a good initiative that needed to be pushed further.
https://gna.org/projects/jacknuke

It was my first jack clients, my first svn commits... I'd really love
to revive it. And I already know it can find bugs -> I managed to
crash a few lv2 synths with it :-p

> I don't think anyone ever wrote a set up conformance plugins for
> LADSPA that measured host conformance though - that would also be
> useful.
 This would also be an interesting project. If only humans didn't need
to get some sleep once in a while...