[LAD] LV2 adoption

From: Krzysztof Foltman <wdev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 23 2008 - 12:10:53 EET

Steve Harris wrote:

> To my mind it's better for us to develop a large suite of tools and
> plugins to demonstrate the viability and advantages before we go

I think we indeed need lots of testing tools - like debugging
hosts/plugins spiked with lots of pre/postcondition checks, or even some
validity checking libraries that could be easily inserted (#ifdef'ed)
into "real" hosts/plugins, to check plugin/host behaviour in "real world".

I recall what incomplete/buggy standard implementations did in Buzz and
VST worlds, and it'd be nice to have some tools to prevent repeating the
same nightmare.

As for "who will write it", I guess it can't be a single-person project,
because just one person is unlikely to come up with *all* the useful
checks (and it would be incredibly boring anyway).

Krzysztof