Re: [LAD] LV2 adoption

From: Marc-Olivier Barre <mobarre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 23:16:05 EET

On Jan 24, 2008 1:06 PM, Steve Harris <steve@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Ah, you're confusing JACK Demolition, with Demolition. Demolition is a
> LADSPA host for testing plugins, JACK Demolition is a JACK client for
> testing other JACK clients. Nick wrote Demolition, and I wrote JACK
> Demolition, inspired by it.

Yup, you missed my last mail :-p

BTW, I never tested Demolition, but I imagine that since it's an
LADSPA host, would it be interesting to use JACK demolition +
Demolition in conjunction ? Or for a more preset matter, write some
LV2 Demolition and use it with jacknuke (to be also able to feed some
midi "noise") ?

The more I think about it, the more I would like the idea to have/work
on a testing framework. One thing that made me very sad is not being
able to use TAP plugins because of some nasty crashes (even though
they sound very good to me). If some testing had been possible at the
time of their writing, I guess some of those issues could have been
spotted/reproduced easily. Nothing is lost though. I just don't feel
like getting in that kind of code right now :-p