Re: [LAD] LV2 adoption

From: Steve Harris <steve@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 10:21:52 EET

On 24 Jan 2008, at 21:16, Marc-Olivier Barre wrote:

> The more I think about it, the more I would like the idea to have/work
> on a testing framework. One thing that made me very sad is not being
> able to use TAP plugins because of some nasty crashes (even though
> they sound very good to me). If some testing had been possible at the
> time of their writing, I guess some of those issues could have been
> spotted/reproduced easily. Nothing is lost though. I just don't feel
> like getting in that kind of code right now :-p

I sympathise :)

One note, for anyone thinking of doing this - make sure it works
usefuly with valgrind, gdb et al, it's one thing to find that some
plugin explodes sometimes, it's quite another to show where, how and
why.

That means avoiding excessive threads and subprocesses among other
things.

- Steve