Re: [LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

From: Christian Schoenebeck <cuse@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 18:13:50 EET

Am Donnerstag, 24. Januar 2008 14:57:17 schrieb Arnold Krille:
> So the license is valid but the wording is unclear because distributions
> don't know wether they are allowed to ship it and users don't know wether
> they are allowed to sell the music they do with LS?

Not exactly, distributions are automatically allowed to ship it as long as
they don't make money with it. Only if the latter case applies, they would
currently need to contact us to get the permission to do so, which many
distributions already did.

And about commercial music: that's a completely different thing. The
commercial exception only applies to LS as being part of a commercial
hardware or software product. If you're making commercial music with it
however, LS won't be a part of your work (=music), I doubt you would ship LS
on your album, would you?

        http://linuxsampler.org/faq.html#commercial_music

CU
Christian