Re: [LAD] Summercode 2008: LASH as a D-Bus service

From: Krzysztof Foltman <wdev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Jan 25 2008 - 14:32:58 EET

Juuso Alasuutari wrote:

> And about GObject... well, why bother? I understood from your reply to Nedko
> that you're not suggesting that GObject be enforced into the actual LASH API,
> which is a relief. I fail to see any benefit in GObject-ifying the internals,
> either.

Yes, pretty please with sugar on top: please don't introduce the GObject
madness where it's not necessary.

I mean, GObject has its uses in GTK or other frameworks that are very
complex to start with. But please don't introduce complex, unintuitive,
wrist-damaging tools where a plain C-based[*] API could work just as well.

[*] Yes, I know GObject is C-based, but it's a whole layer of a huge
complex type system on top of C type system. It's also very far from
convenient, especially as far as introducing new types goes.

Chris