Re: [LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 15:09:02 EET

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 01:53:29PM -0500, Dave Robillard wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-01-25 at 16:15 +0100, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> > On Thu, Jan 24, 2008 at 09:15:35PM +0100, Esben Stien wrote:
> >
> > > But that's really the funny thing here. Your software isn't from the
> > > free/open source software communities. It doesn't conform to neither
> > > the free software definition nor the open source definition.
> > >
> > > I'm glad that GPLv3 fixes this issue, cause if you state that the
> > > software is under GPLv3 you may not impose any further restrictions on
> > > the work, if I read the license correctly.
> >

> > Dio mio. Why does this remind me of Revolutionary Guards
> > rhetoric from the Cultural Revolution era (People's
> > Republic of China, mid 1960s) ?
>
> Because you're trolling? :)

No, it reminds me because of the wording. I guess I've grown to
be allergic to any statements of the form

 "You are not a true Communist/Christian/Moslim/American/..."

as if the writer, waving some canonical document or little book,
would be able to judge about that.

It's part of the typical "us and them" way of thinking, which is
usually a source of misery only.

Ciao,

--
FA