Re: [LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

From: Dave Robillard <dave@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 18:45:37 EET

On Tue, 2008-01-22 at 07:49 -0500, Dave Phillips wrote:
> t_w_@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> > Dave Phillips wrote:
> >

> >> So responding with sarcasm, "We'll do it my way or not at all"
> >> conditions, and a confrontive attitude qualifies as "the spirit of
> >> collaboration" ? Geez, you guys are really winning me over.
> >>

> > It's the good right of Dave and Lars to not care or even outright
> > reject closed software. They could have said it more diplomatic
> > terms ... but now you make a drama of it.
> Do I ?
>
> Well, maybe it's because I have the good right to do so. :)
>
> Look, I'm trying to remind people here that what they say here can make
> or break involvement with Linux audio (which is in fact a much larger
> world than the one represented here). As a point, let me ask: How many
> new developers have joined the Ardour team in the past two years ? How
> many projects represented here have found an adequate supply of talent
> to cover all their development bases ? Can we really afford to sour
> *anyone* on the possibilities of Linux audio ? Is it really too much to
> ask that we remain civil even to those who seem to represent the
> opposite side ?

The vast majority of my original message was deliberately about the
technical problems mentioned. I added a little blurb in (sidenote)
brackets about my opinion of proprietary software, and look at what you
have turned it into.

Closed minded? /I'm/ not the one so completely offended by the fact
that someone else doesn't share my opinion.

-DR-