Re: [LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

From: Dave Phillips <dlphillips@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 22 2008 - 14:49:52 EET

t_w_@email-addr-hidden wrote:
> Dave Phillips wrote:
>

>> So responding with sarcasm, "We'll do it my way or not at all"
>> conditions, and a confrontive attitude qualifies as "the spirit of
>> collaboration" ? Geez, you guys are really winning me over.
>>

> It's the good right of Dave and Lars to not care or even outright
> reject closed software. They could have said it more diplomatic
> terms ... but now you make a drama of it.
Do I ?

Well, maybe it's because I have the good right to do so. :)

Look, I'm trying to remind people here that what they say here can make
or break involvement with Linux audio (which is in fact a much larger
world than the one represented here). As a point, let me ask: How many
new developers have joined the Ardour team in the past two years ? How
many projects represented here have found an adequate supply of talent
to cover all their development bases ? Can we really afford to sour
*anyone* on the possibilities of Linux audio ? Is it really too much to
ask that we remain civil even to those who seem to represent the
opposite side ?

Best,

dp