Re: [LAD] LV2 " isn't well thought out ?" LV2 in the Reaper sequencer

From: Krzysztof Foltman <wdev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 24 2008 - 21:03:05 EET

Paul Davis wrote:
> You read it wrong. For two different reasons. First, the same mistake
> than Arnold made earlier. The GPL (whatever version) is the text that
> lays out the terms of a license. Anyone can refer to this text but then
> add exceptions, extensions. I can even say "Its licensed under the terms
> of GPLv3 excluding every clause, plus the follow paragraph...".
Well, what's more, at least one well known project from Free Software
Foundation uses exactly that: GPL plus "special exception" changing the
conditions slightly (allowing for use in other software without making
them covered by GPL).

I think it may be a good reason to think that such practices are
allowed/approved by FSF.

Krzysztof