Re: [LAD] [Jackit-devel] Abstraction for JACK control API

From: Nedko Arnaudov <nedko@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jan 29 2008 - 07:11:41 EET

Stéphane Letz <letz@email-addr-hidden> writes:

> Could JackEngine here be renamed "JackServer"? I think It would
> correspond more to what "engine" and "server" are internally.

Now that we are on this, please tell me what "server" and "engine" are
internally, from your point of view. I dont care that much about actual
naming as long as it is commonly accepted. For example I can recall some
ppl calling jackd process the "server".

> Then why
> not translate that in a pure C API, something like:

I'll translate it once we agree on the API model (including naming). And
I'll at least implement the API for the trunk jack codebase.

--
Nedko Arnaudov <GnuPG KeyID: DE1716B0>