Re: [LAD] Prototyping algorithms and ideas

From: Stéphane Letz <letz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jan 31 2008 - 11:06:07 EET

Le 30 janv. 08 à 15:08, Fons Adriaensen a écrit :

> On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 06:25:50PM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 2008-01-29 at 23:36 +0100, Yann Orlarey wrote:
>>
>>> A fully functional jack application can be easily generated using
>>> the
>>> faust2jack command or by pasting the above code in the online faust
>>> compiler (http://faust.grame.fr). The performances on my Vaio laptop
>>> (Intel Core 2 CPU T7400 @ 2.16GHz) is approximately of 2%.
>>
>> I think they call that "game, set and match".
>
> Not really, but still I'm impressed :-)
>
> - Even fdelay4 is not up to the task. There are
> gain variations of more than 6dB for a 20 kHz
> signal, Fs = 48 kHz. Even stranger, they are
> not symmetric w.r.t. the fraction of the delay,
> e.g. 10.3 samples shows a different gain than
> 9.7. Which makes me suspicious.
>
> - My usual grunge: unless you want me accidentally
> destroy some very expensive equipment which is not
> even mine, the generated JACK apps
>
> MUST NOT AUTOCONNECT --- NEVER --- TO ANYTHING.
>

> - The apps also autosave their state to $HOME/.***rc.
> Any way to disable this ?
>
> Ciao,

If you want to change that kind behaviour for now, you'll have to
install faust, edit and correct the jack-gtk.cpp wrapper file (located
in faust/architecture). Then install faust again (since "install" copy
the architecture files at proper locations) and recompile your jack-
gtk faust programs.
We may improve the jack-gtk.cpp wrapper file later on to add auto-
connect and state location options.

Stephane