Re: [LAD] [Fwd: Re: Summercode 2008: LASH, pt. 3]

From: Krzysztof Foltman <wdev@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 05 2008 - 01:10:00 EET

Paul Davis wrote:
> there are many parts of the JACK API that are not RT-bound. in fact,
> basically *all* of it except for a clients process() callback, which a
> client is not required to register.

I guess the "synchronous" response to port appearance/connection events
(like application connecting ports before next event is generated by
JACK) pretty much requires RT in those applications. Is that right?

Or are those callbacks called in non-audio thread context and don't
block audio? (I suppose they block audio, because I see several watchdog
timeouts which seem to be related to patchbay applications doing screen
updates etc.)

Krzysztof