[LAD] Playing dice with IRQ's

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 17 2008 - 23:26:00 EET

"God does not play dice" said Einstein, but the assignment of IRQ's at
boot surely seems to be a bit of a random game (which only proves that
Linus isn't God, I suppose ...)

I would like to automagically increase the priority of the IRQ
associated with my soundcard - peek at "the dice" before placing my bet
so to say - how do I do that?

I used to have:

   chrt -f -p 80 `pidof IRQ-20`

.. in rc.local, but sometimes the relevant IRQ changes to 19 (giving
IRQ-20 to something else), which may or may not cause a hanging system.

from (todays) /proc/interrupts:
[...]
 19: 49 0 IO-APIC-fasteoi ehci_hcd:usb1,
uhci_hcd:usb2
 20: 8416716 0 IO-APIC-fasteoi firewire_ohci, HDA Intel,
uhci_hcd:usb5