Re: [LAD] Tascam US-1641

From: Justin Smith <noisesmith@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 00:11:49 EET

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 1:57 PM, Jan Depner <eviltwin69@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Well, no response on the user list. Maybe someone here has an idea -
> does the Tascam US-1641 work with Linux/ALSA? I'm assuming not and have
> written a nice email to Tascam asking for a little information. I'm
> assuming they're not going to be very helpful but it's worth a shot.
>

> Jan
>

> --
> Jan 'Evil Twin' Depner
> http://www.thecfband.com
>

> "Microsoft has a new version out, Windows XP, which according to
> everybody is the 'most reliable Windows ever.' To me, this is like
> saying that asparagus is 'the most articulate vegetable ever.'"
>
> Dave Barry

A quick google shows that it is USB 2.0 - there is no standard for USB
2.0 audio, so chances are no, it will not work with Linux until
someone reverse engineers a driver for it. USB 1.0 has a widely
adopted standard so almost all USB 1.0 sound cards work with Linux,
but it does not have enough bandwidth to do that many channels.