Re: [LAD] Tascam US-1641

From: Allan Wind <allan_wind@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 23 2009 - 00:26:34 EET

On 2009-02-22T15:57:21, Jan Depner wrote:
> Well, no response on the user list. Maybe someone here has an idea -
> does the Tascam US-1641 work with Linux/ALSA? I'm assuming not and have
> written a nice email to Tascam asking for a little information. I'm
> assuming they're not going to be very helpful but it's worth a shot.

First hit for the query tascam US-1641 +linux driver:

Here is the only hit for the query Tascam US-1641 on the alsa user
mailing list:
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.user/32068/match=tascam+us+1641

Here is Tascam's driver compatibility chart:
http://www.tascam.com/products/us-1641;9,15,1056,16.html
which suggest to me that the device requires a driver, and according to
the alsa projects sound matrix there is none:
http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Tascam

/Allan

--
Allan Wind