Re: [LAD] Fwd: Fw: Re: At the hands of Professor Keller and Raymond

From: <laseray@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jul 28 2009 - 18:04:37 EEST

On Tuesday 28 July 2009 10:39:45 you wrote:
> Raymond might be right or wrong.
>
> I remember some mails were people recommended Raymond to be cool, even
> if Bob might be wrong. I wonder why people now can't be cool, while they
> guess Raymond is wrong!
>
> So, even if Raymond should be wrong, why do you now blame him? Aren't
> you able to follow you own recommendation you gave Raymond before?
>
> You should be able to empathize Bob's emotions, if not you are just (a)
> liar(s)!
>
> My personal opinion is to see what will happen in the future. Bob should
> get a chance and it doesn't matter if he had chances before or not, at
> the same time I can't see any reason to blame Raymond.
>
> There's a film with Spencer Tracy, the protagonist played by Spencer
> Tracy said, that people should use any popular word that can be
> understood by everyone, because there are too less words that can be
> understood by everyone. Talking about a allegedly wrong chose of used
> words is stupid. The fact is, that Bob ignored the GPL, another fact
> seems to be that he's willing to consider with the GPL.
>
> Is there any reason to blame anybody now? Even if somebody should be
> wrong in your opinions, why can't you keep cool?

Well there is still a reason to blame, at this moment. Impro-Visor is
still violating the GPL and that is all there is too it.

All the rest of that emotional stuff about being nice is just showing
how superficial people are. They are swayed be surface issues rather
than real meaning. Mr. Keller is a professor at some institution and
originally developed this application, therefore superficial people
side with that. They have authority issues and bend over for those
they deem to be in positions of power. Poor little sheep.

Linus Torvalds says some weird off the wall things, some smart,
some nasty. It does not bother me at all. It does not bother these
superficial people either because he is the originator of Linux, thus
up on a pedestal compared to mere mortals for them.

Same thing would happen to me if I originate a unique application
or project and someone were making justified claims of wrong doing
against me. These protests about my attitude would not even exist
and they would incorrectly think I was at least a little in the right. People,
you do not know your own minds.

I am sure the majority of these people, as well as a large portion
of the general population, are easily manipulated by narcissists.
You know, those people who come along and light up a room. They
smile and tell you everything you want to hear, the way you want to
hear it. Then when they have you under their control and you turn
your back, you get a knife in it.

Pay attention and watch out for these types of people that won't
give you the raw straight truth.

Raymond