Re: [LAD] Impro-Visor created on sourceforge

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Thu Aug 06 2009 - 17:37:49 EEST

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Raymond Martin<laseray@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Thursday 06 August 2009 10:16:34 you wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:05 PM, Raymond Martin<laseray@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>> > Nonetheless, any
>> > code mixed with GPL code and distributed automatically becomes GPL
>> > regardless of any other distribution of the same code under another
>> > license.
>>
>> This is quite wrong and, frankly, far more scarily so than mere
>> misunderstandings about what is actually in the GPL.  The fact that
>> you persist in it despite having had it explained to you several times
>> shows a serious and potentially dangerous misconception about
>> copyright, not just about the details of a particular license.  I very
>> much hope there are not many more people out there who share this
>> misconception.
>
> That's funny because it is exactly what I think about your refusal to
> understand what is written in plain language in the GPL itself.

*sigh*

The answer is not, and cannot be, in the GPL. If you don't understand
why the answer cannot be in the GPL, then you need to think about the
problem more seriously.

Now, enough. I am not interested in a discussion with you; I'm
replying only because I don't want to leave the impression in the
archive that this nonsense went uncontested. Not that there's much
chance of that, given the number of people who have tried to correct
you.

Chris