Re: [LAD] Selectable limit for polyphony of virtual synth

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Aug 25 2009 - 02:23:53 EEST

Nick Copeland wrote:
> will not sound like an Oberheim.

PS:

And there's no need to sound identically. Even if a programme should
program something absolutely new, not an emulation, the 'Prophet
*5*'-'Matrix *6*'-Effect of having less voices, could add some charm.
Btw. I never used the Alsa modular synth, but even an intelligent way
like Fons described, might be fine for my needs, if it's possible to
reduce the polyphony to 6, 5 or less voices.