Re: [LAD] [LAU] So what's the deal with controlling the aeolus organ?stops via midi

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 07 2009 - 12:16:16 EEST

On Wed, Oct 07, 2009 at 12:51:20AM +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> I guess I really do understand why you're still searching for another way
> and that there are some disadvantages by using SysEx, but it sounds exactly
> like what SysEx is designed for, because the user needs a GUI to control
> this settings and only some SysEx data must be changed real-time, most of
> it could be done before making music.

1. I'm not searching for another way. This thread started because
   a user didn't understand the current way, and asked how to use it.

2. The user doesn't need a separate GUI - Aeolus already has one.
   You setup the registration in Aeolus' GUI, save it as a preset
   and when necessary reload that preset using standard MIDI command
   generated by a sequencer. There can be 1024 presets, and this
   number could be extended. But an organist would typically use
   no more than say 20 stop combinations for a complete concert
   (with rare exceptions).

3. The stop control protocol is not meant for sequencers. It was
   added for users who build organ consoles and want to use 'real'
   stop buttons on them.

Ciao,

--
FA
Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.