Re: [LAD] Is TerminatorX development stalled?

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Dec 30 2009 - 10:42:37 EET

On 12/30/2009 06:52 PM, Eric Shattow wrote:
> As an alternative to terminatorX, the Mixxx project has progressed to
> the point where you can do a lot of what tX does, just add a sampler.
>
> The novelty of tX was mostly in the support of mouse-as-controller,
> audio effects, and looping samples. Support for hot cues and looping
> is under active development in Mixxx - check out the Mixxx 1.8
> pre-release.

For djing with turntables you should also look into xwax. Mixx and xwax
share the same turntable codebase but iiuc xwax has more attention
focused on the turntable aspect and you should use an external mixxer,
whereas mixx is more focused providing an ui environment for mixing.
Either way they both work very well for djing and scratching.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd