Re: [LAD] Congratulations Ardour Team!!!

From: Bob Ham <rah@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 03 2010 - 14:48:58 EET

On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 13:32 +0100, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-01-03 at 12:27 +0000, Bob Ham wrote:
>
> > This "product", Mixbus, does indeed seem to be a modified version of
> > Ardour. However, I can't seem to find any source code or, for that
> > matter any downloads at all on the Harrison website.
>
> http://ardour.org/node/3011

It's good to see that the source code is publicly available but I'm
still concerned that Harrison customers might not be told that they have
access to it. I could find no mention whatsoever of source code on
their website. According to the GPL 2, they must necessarily provide
along with their binaries, either the source code itself or a written
offer to provide the source code. Is this happening?

Again, the concern here is that there may be Harrison customers who are
not being made aware that they have access to the source code for the
software they're buying.

--
Bob Ham <rah@email-addr-hidden>
for (;;) { ++pancakes; }