Re: [LAD] Congratulations Ardour Team!!!

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Jan 03 2010 - 16:55:13 EET

On Sun, Jan 3, 2010 at 7:48 AM, Bob Ham <rah@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> It's good to see that the source code is publicly available but I'm
> still concerned that Harrison customers might not be told that they have
> access to it.  I could find no mention whatsoever of source code on
> their website.  According to the GPL 2, they must necessarily provide
> along with their binaries, either the source code itself or a written
> offer to provide the source code.  Is this happening?
>
> Again, the concern here is that there may be Harrison customers who are
> not being made aware that they have access to the source code for the
> software they're buying.

The software does not differ from Ardour in any way that is related to
"GPL compliance". It prints the same messages, and is covered by same
license. Nobody who downloads Ardour from http://ardour.org/download
will see any extra indication of their rights under the GPL over those
seen by a Mixbus customer, and neither will anyone who obtains Ardour
from their Linux distribution. If you're going to get upset by Mixbus,
then lets please start first with what happens when someone downloads
Ardour from a Ubuntu repository.

I own the copyright to Ardour. I have already verified