Re: [LAD] [OT] jack2 on solaris, was Re: tschack ... early version of smp enabled jack1

From: Stéphane Letz <letz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Jan 27 2010 - 23:10:50 EET

Le 27 janv. 2010 à 21:59, Chris Cannam a écrit :

> Stéphane -- sorry to veer so wildly off-topic... but jackdmp is
> expected to work on Solaris, right? Is it actively tested? Is it
> expected to build with Sun compilers, or only with gcc?

Right now with gcc yes. At some point I succeeded with sun compiler hacking "waf" build tool (that was not well supported at that time).

I still check SVN from time to time and it is supposed to work correctly yes.

> I switched a machine from Linux to OpenSolaris a few months back and
> at the time failed to get jackdmp working on it, but I didn't give it
> much time because it wasn't all that important then. I'd like to
> revisit it though, and wondered what I should reasonably expect.

Should work.

Backends are currently 2 and using the OSS 4 API:

- jack_oss.o one ( so "jack -S -R -d oss blab blah...) a one thread driver, initially developed for RTL and tested on a MADI card

- later on I switched to a more general (and probably more exact) 2 threads model. It got called "boomer' (Boomer is the SUN derived from OSS audio API..). So "jack -S -R -d boomer blab blah....

Both should work on OpenSolaris with 4 Front OSS. I never tried with Boomer since my internal card was not supported at that time

Stephane