Re: [LAD] [OT] jack2 on solaris, was Re: tschack ... early version of smp enabled jack1

From: Chris Cannam <cannam@email-addr-hidden-day-breakfast.com>
Date: Wed Jan 27 2010 - 23:14:54 EET

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Stéphane Letz <letz@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> - jack_oss.o one ( so "jack -S -R -d oss blab blah...) a one thread driver, initially developed for RTL and tested on a MADI card
>
> - later on I switched to a more general (and probably more exact) 2 threads model. It got called "boomer' (Boomer is the SUN derived from OSS  audio API..). So "jack -S -R -d boomer blab blah....
>
> Both should work on OpenSolaris with 4 Front OSS.  I never tried with Boomer since my internal card was not supported at that time

OK. I do have Boomer (using OpenSolaris dev repositories, currently
build snv_131)... but do I gather from the above that I don't
necessarily have to use the Boomer back-end? so if I have trouble
with it, I ought to be able to get away with the old-fashioned OSS
one?

(Sound generally does work on the machine, including OSS4 software mixing.)

Chris