Re: [LAD] [OT] Handle/Mobile devices

From: Malte Steiner <steiner@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 30 2010 - 21:14:15 EEST

One part of my income I make as a IPhone developer so let me tell you,
deploying on IPhone/Ipod is pain. Its very likely that your app is
rejected by Apple because of the limited use so you have to deploy on
your own. With the developer account you can only deploy on up to 99
devices and the app is time limited, cant be started after some months.
Without it (and a Mac) nothing.

You already suggested game handhelds so possibly a Dingoo A320 would be
enough. Input is limited to joypad and some buttons but for a simple
multiple choice test its enough. Results could be stored on miniSD card.
The Dingoo costs around $60-$80

The next would be a GPH Wiz which offers pen input, its the successor of
GP2X, setting you back with $120-$140

Or get one of these for $99 with keyboard
http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/15/qi-hardwares-tiny-hackable-ben-nanonote-now-shipping/

Cheers,

Malte

--