Re: [LAD] successive note on midi events

From: Jens M Andreasen <jens.andreasen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Apr 14 2010 - 13:21:10 EEST

On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 22:04 -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> MIDI-driven synth engines offer various choices about how to handle
> the situation, because people realized early on that it wasn't that
> difficult to make it happen, and that a useful way of handling it
> would be better than pretending it wasn't possible.

But .. In my book it is still a bug, deliberate or not.

Accidents can happen and therefore we have airbags. But this doesn't
mean that we are endorsing reckless driving as an acceptable method of
minimizing the time taken for commuting.

As for the problem presented by OriginalPoster, send a note-off
immediately after each note-on and be done with it. Then use
sustain-pedal for playing several identical notes as a chord.