Re: [LAD] A small article about tools for electronic musicians

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue May 04 2010 - 00:15:15 EEST

Jeremy wrote:
> http://www.jamendo.com/en/track/520056

Nice-sounding :), even if the internet sound quality isn't that good.

Petersburg amps are also able to produce this kind of sound, a friend
had one + Marshall speakers, it's written that it should be the Russian
copy of the 70ies 2203 amps with master volume. It's also written that
the 800 amps from the 80ies should be equal to the 2203 from the 70ies.
The best punk-rocking sound I ever could play was a SG with a Marschall
without master volume, both neither the Gibson, nor the amp were mine. I
heard very good recordings done with Laney amps from the 80ies. Btw. I'm
using a Boss OD-2, transistors aren't that bad.

I guess that people who like Metallica's non-rocking pop sound (no
offense, but it's hard to describe the differences by words) could be
fine with plugins, but people who prefer MC5 and other punk-rocking
sound, better do recordings using amps, when ever possible.

IMO it depends to the kind of music, if a plugin is enough. I need
plugins, resp. hardware emulations out of necessity.