Re: [LAD] LAC "Tools" round-table wrapup

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 15 2010 - 19:54:08 EEST

Excerpts from Robin Gareus's message of 2010-05-15 18:07:53 +0200:
> Hi LADs,
>
> Following up on the LAC Tools round-table, I've started a wiki page:
> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/wiki/tools_comparison
>
> Since I've not taken part in the discussion, I'm missing a few footnotes
> and explanation for keys in the context (eg. batch, sync). Could you
> please enlighten me, or just fill in the missing content there.
>
> IMHO it'd also make sense to do a 2nd table with orthogonal practical
> information, for instance:
> audio: JACK,ALSA,..
> midi: JACK,ALSA,ALSA-seq
> audio-file-formats: pcm,mp3,gig,mid,..
> control: OSC,TCP,pipe,MMC,..
> interop/sync: jack-transport,MTC
> plugins (if applicable): LV2,LADSPA,VST,AU,..
>
> Come to think of it, those could be integrated in the apps-database as
> tags for each tool, similar to:
> http://wiki.linuxaudio.org/apps/categories/jack_transport
> but let's get the categories/tags straightened out before starting on an
> implementation and posting it to LAU. What do you think?
>
> Cheers!
> robin

I've also not taken part and hence don't even know what this is about.
Can you enlighten me and show me where to read/listen/watch up on it?

The table looks like it could become something useful, but you're right,
it reminds of the apps.linuxaudio.org db, which could and should be
expanded.

--
Regards,
Philipp