Re: [LAD] Paul's Extreme Sound Stretch

From: Ray Rashif <schivmeister@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 02 2010 - 01:16:43 EEST

On 2 October 2010 05:03, Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> I'm 26 now, and I think it's really great that people like you, 50 years
> older and almost the age of my grandfather, take part in all of this
> stuff. Everyone has his share of experience, and I believe every
> generation can learn a bit from every other generation. Guys of your age
> have a little more experience and stories to share, and I really
> appreciate this. It's especially great that you manage to keep up with
> technology and all of the related stuff. I know at least one person
> who's 90+ and very healthy and active, but her understanding of
> technology is near zero. For me, people that age taking part of all this
> kind of stuff is incredible, and it's also highly appreciated. There are
> plenty of things we young folks can learn.

It's more than just experience; they've been there, done that. Indeed,
every generation has a different kind of "experience", which is always
unique and invaluable.

I wish my grandparents were alive today so I could share with them the
technology I grew to love (when I was younger I learnt everything from
science to history from them), and in turn receive wisdom I could
probably never pick up alone in a hundred years. Even looking at my
father, I realise how little I've learnt for the 2+ decades I've been
blessed to enjoy what this modern world has to offer. Sometimes young
blood runs hot, too hot.

Sorry for derailing the topic further. I guess the train is now on a
collision course, but hats off to the old-timers from the audio
industry!

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD