Re: [LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.4.7 - The Furious Desertrix is out!

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 02 2010 - 00:53:48 EEST

On 10/01/2010 08:29 PM, Niels Mayer wrote:
> Rui -- Once again thanks for all your recent updates. I tried out two
> "competitors" recent releases and a beta with midi enhancements. Yours
> wins by far with the quickest first-launch to sound output, such as
> when I was testing it out with zynaddsubfx and fluidsynth dssi plugins
> on a new meego netbook install. In the competitors, stunning and
> full-featured as they are, I felt a sense of accomplishment after
> navigating through umpteen layers of byzantine menus and dialogs just
> to get the DAW midi inputs to light up when i played a keyboard. And
> then I was all "screw this... back to qtractor...." There was no
> obvious way to launch any of the myriad LV2 or DSSI plugins I've
> installed and get sound output for a midi track -- not like the old
> "click and go" in qtractor.
>
> However, with popularity comes stupid questions, so here goes:
>
> (1) Any hints on customizing qtractor qt/X/etc for use on a smaller
> screen (1024x600 10.1" display) : see
> http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2010-September/073032.html
> or excerpt below.

why? doen't it fit on whatever screen size you throw it in? it might
default to an 800x600 one, iirc :) but i guess your problem is sth else

> (2) I 've got subversion installs of all your progs, so I usually make
> the day of your announcement a good day to try a new svn up & compile.
> (btw, r1687 builds and runs beautifully). Recently in compiling one of
> your progs (qmidinet) I found out the hard way that I needed to do
> "make clean ; autoreconf -i -f ; ./configure ; make" in order to see
> the updated "about" page in the resources, even after previously
> updating, cleaning and recompiling from subversion.
>
> Is there a better way of doing this, or is there some automatic (make)
> way that a subversion revision update could automatically trigger
> updating the configuration if needed. Of course, it might all be there
> already, as I really haven't been using Qt for very long....

rule of thumb is, whenever ssvn up gets you newer files, start with a
plain `make -f Makefile.svn clean`, that is, lather, rinse & repeat :)

take a breath ;)

seeya

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela