Re: [LAD] [ANN] Qtractor 0.4.7 - The Furious Desertrix is out!

From: Niels Mayer <nielsmayer@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 02 2010 - 01:55:52 EEST

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 2:53 PM, Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> why? doen't it fit on whatever screen size you throw it in? it might
> default to an 800x600 one, iirc :) but i guess your problem is sth else

Correct. You have to remove most of the action/icons that you get used
to having. The big problem is there's a lot of whitespace and they end
up taking more than half the screen. If there was a way of jamming
them all together more, so that each icon is the whole button with
only a narrow border, it would work better on a cramped screen. Some
of the things just take getting used to -- like being sent off to a
different "screen" everytime a popup window is activated (e.g. mixer,
connections) and having to navigate back to the main qtractor window.
An option to allow "Mixer" or "Connections" windows to appear as
panels like "Messages" would be helpful for small screen use.

Also some of the configuration dialogs are coming up bigger than the
screensize. So you have to Tab-down to the invisible "ok" or "cancel"
and press return, and hope you got the right one. It's possible that
maybe the part of the dialog i need to configure it for small-screen
use is happening off-screen. :-)

> rule of thumb is, whenever ssvn up gets you newer files, start with a
> plain `make -f Makefile.svn clean`, that is, lather, rinse & repeat :)

Ah. I forgot about Makefile.svn and was looking in the regular Makefile ...

Thanks!

-- Niels
http://nielsmayer.com