Re: [LAD] [ANN] IR: LV2 Convolution Reverb

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Feb 22 2011 - 04:14:31 EET

On Mon, Feb 21, 2011 at 6:12 PM, Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> This excludes Windows (TM), but again, I couln't care less.

It also excludes OS X, which despite having "X11 support" isn't really
what you mean by "supports X11".

at some point, focusing on X11 will also start to exclude the next
generation of linux UI systems which are not going to be X11 (even
though they are re-using a lot of the internal code and can host X11
windows). once you've seen them in action, i think that even you will
be a believer :) I'm talking primarily about Wayland

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayland_%28display_server_protocol%29

it also excludes GL based systems, which to be perfectly honest appear
to be have been a MUCH better starting point if you writing a GUI at
any point in the last 12 years than X. i deeply regret not basing
ardour on a toolkit that sat on top of GL rather than X11 - GL is more
portable, and has lots of nice features that don't show up in a lot of
programs but are real nonetheless.