Re: [LAD] What sound cards are recommender by developers? I'll order next week!!!

From: Fons Adriaensen <fons@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 21 2011 - 23:34:29 EEST

On Sat, May 21, 2011 at 02:37:25PM +0200, Ralf wrote:

> It's important that the analog IOs and converters etc. keep the sound
> without audible loss, similar to consumer equipment, that is not the
> most worse. Professional sound quality isn't needed, but my TerraTec EWX
> 24/96 or similar Envy24 cards and all those onboard devices I ever
> heard, don't reach good consumer quality, they produce marked loss for
> the sound quality.

Please, please, at least try to be a bit informed before writing.
Audio quality is determined by the AD and DA converters and their
clocks, not by any digital interface circuits such as the Envy24.

My Envy24 based Terratec (from the time that firm still produced
interesting stuff) is actually among the best I ever measured.
And it sounds *much* better than most 'consumer' cards I've ever
seen.

Ciao,

--
FA