Re: [LAD] PHASEX (jacksession)

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Jul 07 2011 - 12:54:37 EEST

 On Thu, 07 Jul 2011 11:20:32 +0200, rosea grammostola
 <rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On 07/02/2011 07:25 PM, Emanuel Rumpf wrote:
>> 2011/7/2 rosea grammostola<rosea.grammostola@email-addr-hidden>:
>>> It seems to work good here. You have to disable JACK autoconnect
>>> in PHASEX
>>> and then the connections seems to work.
>>>
>> Here they don't.
>> And phasex requires much time to start.
> Tested with Phasex and jack-rack (jackd1). Connections seems to be
> restored here (all though at one occasion I used the 'recent' option
> in qjackctl - session, and the connections didn't restore, another
> test with 'recent' seems to work though).

 you could try the "refresh" button instead...

 as said above, is seems phasex takes a lot of time to start and then
 stabilize its jack client ports for connections, so that it might not be
 available promptly after qjackctl session manager launches it. although
 qjackctl does wait a little while (+200ms) before actually restoring
 connections but phasex might take more than longer... :)

 there's where "refresh" button comes into play: to refresh/restore all
 the previously failed connections, signaled with some red/white cross
 tiny icons on qjackctl session tree-list view. got that?

> The problem with a2jmidid I reported a while ago, was because
> qjackctl doesn't support infra clients atm I think.

 meanwhile you could get away with a2jmidid as a
 real-permanent-infrastructural-client (!) that is always started right
 after jackd, being the usual candidate to be included in a
 qjackctl/setup post-startup script.

 cheers

--
 rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela