Re: [LAD] DrMr: a new lv2 sampler/drum machine plugin

From: Jeremy Jongepier <jeremy@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 13 2012 - 22:59:34 EET

On 02/13/2012 05:20 PM, Nick Lanham wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I've written a new sampler/drum machine lv2 plugin called DrMr. You can
> find it here: https://github.com/nicklan/drmr
>
> It's main reason to exist is to give a way for lv2 hosts to have a built
> in drum synth that can save its entire state (i.e. no need to go out to
> external tools and no need to save extra state). DrMr currently supports
> the following:
>
> - Control via midi
> - Scan for and load hydrogen drum kits
> - Multi-layer hydrogen kits (will pick layer based on that sample's set
> gain)
> - Kit is set via an LV2 control
> - LV2 controls for gain on each sample
> - LV2 controls for pan on each sample
> - GTK ui that can select a kit and control gain/pan on each sample
>
> There's more info in the README.md which you can see if you click the
> above link. There are a couple of screenshots on the github wiki page.
>

> I hope people find it useful, and as it's rather new code, bug reports
> are of course very welcome.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Nick

Hello Nick,

Awesome news! Very little dependencies too so hopefully I can compile
this without much issues. One thing though about the Wiki which states
Qtractor doesn't support GTK UIs. This is not entirely true, QTractor
does support GTK UIs but you might have missed a configure option,
probably it's --enable-lv2-files which is not set by default (could be
wrong here though).

Best,

Jeremy